Sunday, July 15, 2012

Reflection 2

   First, I have to say that my favorite part of the day was when the students came in to visit us.  I was disappointed that they didn't get to hang longer, but I guess it's ok.  I definitely would have appreciated more time to just chill before we got down to the nitty-gritty.  The lesson planning was really cool.  I was introduced to a ton of new websites that can help me with taxonomy and activities for lessons.  I must admit that I don't think I could have made such an awesome lesson plan on my own.  Having everyone's opinion on how we should go about conducting the lesson was really helpful, and it was really cool to see how creative everyone is with their approach to lesson planning and teaching.  I thought overall, we rocked the shit with our lesson plan.  If I were in high school, I would have enjoyed that soda ban lesson plan. < that rhymes.
    I had a fun lunch with a group of mackers, who I had not met before.  I was pretty excited about that.  I also thought aviary was pretty cool, but the sound editing was really rudimentary.  I make and mix music at home, so I was pumped about doing that activity.  I breezed through it, but since I had some problems with the wiki, I ended up being like one of the last people to leave.  Either way, I think there are some really awesome possibilities to utilize technology in a creative way in the classroom.  I like that teaching can be fun and modern.  I'm excited to try out a podcast in class.  Overall, I thought the day was pretty helpful, and I was pumped we got out early.  The End.

3 comments:

  1. I did enjoy the class visit by the kids. It was fun to see them in a college setting. I think that having a lot on on-line resources will be one of the main keys to our success in this program. Search engines and the utilization of on-line storage will definitely help us organize the information that we are collecting, so i am glad that we got to talk to another library resource.
    It was nice to use aviary because now we have the opportunity to record lessons or observations with our voices and not just with text, this will help bring some life to our on-line pedagogy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also enjoyed having the students visit. I agree with Grahm in that it was really fun to see them in a college classroom. I also really enjoyed the lesson planning and I know the resources we learned about will be really useful in the classroom. I also liked doing the podcasts--this seems to be a really cool tool to use in classrooms. I love the idea of having students create a podcast with feedback rather than filling out the typical form.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Group planning definitely made my lesson plan so much better as well. It is so good to be able to collaborate together before we need to know how to make comprehensive lesson plans on our own. I too wish that the students could have spent more time with us. It would have been really neat if the students could have created their own lesson plans for teaching different topics as well. I think we could have learned a lot from them.

    ReplyDelete